Remember 2018? A perfect blue storm, 2018 became just as the signs said it would—a year when Democrats couldn’t lose. It was inevitable. Sweeping all contested districts, this blue wave showed no mercy, regardless of strategies used by GOP leaders. Whatever we tried, we were going to get killed.
- Some GOP leaders emphasized ground game—more walking neighborhoods, more calls, more yard signs, more sign-waving, more, more, more--and they got killed.
- Others emphasized ads and online marketing--and got killed.
- Some candidates distanced themselves from Trump--and got killed.
- Others embraced Trump—and unless they were in highly protected districts, they got killed.
- Some candidates and leaders played to the base--and got killed.
- Others moderated--and got killed.
In the aftermath, Republicans blamed each other, but it was like blaming people for getting wet in a hurricane. There was no point. 2018 was exactly what it was predicted to be—a midterm pummeling, made worse by numerous, unresolved concerns surrounding our President.
Those concerns are gone now. Way gone. I can’t even count the disadvantages then which are advantages now, but here are a few:
- The Economy - Then: Trump’s economic plan was in its infancy. Now: We’re booming.
- Russian Collusion - Then: A major concern. Now: A national joke. Mueller’s meltdown on Capitol Hill was one for the ages.
- Impeachment - Then: Gaining steam, with many Americans wondering how Trump could stay in office. Now: Totally derailed, being grossly unfair from the start. Americans greeted it with laughter, yawns, and disgust.
- Deep State - Then: Held in high regard, with operatives commanding intel agencies casting deep doubts on Trump. Now: The Durham Report will unveil spying, lying, and subterfuge by those intel “leaders.” It’s our turn, baby.
- ISIS - Then: Still a big concern. Now: ISIS is gone, having lost all its territory.
- Trade Deals - Then: Deemed the impossible dreams of a rookie President. Now: Massive Pro-USA deals with Mexico, Canada, China, and Japan…are actually happening.
- Trump’s Approval - Then: Two years ago, Gallop had Trump’s approval rating about 20% below his disapproval rating. Now: Approval and disapproval are within a few points either way.
Guys, we’re on a roll, and I haven’t even mentioned the best part: Bernie Sanders. Allow me some time to address Democrats, okay?
Dems, you’re on your way to running a Socialist candidate during a Capitalist boom. Did you hear me? YOU’RE CLOSE TO RUNNING A SOCIALIST DURING A CAPITALIST BOOM. That’s like telling people of Pennsylvania—whose economy has been rescued by fracking—that you’re going to ban fracking!
Oh, wait, Bernie’s saying that, too…
Let me be the first to provide official RNC comment: BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
My goodness, Bernie doesn’t even roll out the lie of this being Obama’s economy…because Bernie wants us to believe we’re unhappy! HE ACTUALLY WANTS US TO BELIEVE WE’RE UNHAPPY! And then there are Bernie’s supporters…OMG. These halfwit thugs are notoriously enraged Unabomber types—the kind who even make Greta Thunberg avoid eye contact and slink to the other side of the elevator.
My goodness, imagine having a Bernie Bro at your door:
Bro: “Hey there, Mr. or Mrs. Home Owner dude! Do you feel guilty for owning property? Of course you do! Wouldn’t you rather pay higher taxes so undocumented immigrants can get free healthcare? And free college? All from a government that disarms you and takes away private health plans? Well hey, who wouldn’t want that! Here, just take this flyer, titled, ‘We’ll be like Denmark, not Cuba or Venezuela!’ It’ll walk you through everything I can’t, ‘cuz like, I’m pretty stoned right now!”
“What? Why do I like The Bern? ‘Cuz my college advisor told me I finally got a degree in something I guess, and if you don’t pay for it, I gotta get a job! Vicious cycle, man, vicious cycle…say, before I go, can I bum a few bucks for a ride home?”
Of course, these types are preferable to Bernie supporters who just protest everything while screaming in piercing tones—tones only heard by dogs and CNN analysts.
I exaggerate, but do you expect Bernie’s groupies to persuade anyone outside their base? Really?
Trump voters, no matter how unfairly stigmatized as conspiracy buff hayseeds, are normals. By opposing late-term abortions, gun confiscation, open borders, and unfair trade deals, Trump voters hold popular positions. You don’t like illegal immigrants getting free stuff? Neither do Trump voters. You don’t want to ban fracking after it’s made us energy independent? Neither do Trump voters. You don’t want biological boys in girls’ locker rooms? For goodness’ sake, you’re a Trump voter!
Never before have Democrats completely given us the middle, and I guess we can thank AOC and her backup trio, The Tourettes. They’ve wreaked havoc. Openly despising anything American, AOC’s Democrats are the Party of Marxism, trans-bathrooms, infanticide, disarming the innocent, protecting the guilty, antisemitism, climate radicalism, and labeling every dissenting voice as “racist.”
Just look at the loons cheering for Bernie—do you see any normals in that crowd? Any? Bernie’s insaniacs irritate voters right into our arms, and we aren’t even campaigning yet! My goodness, everything was already breaking our way with the economy, trade deals, acquittal, more acquittal, terrorists exploding, etc.—and things were only looking better with a looming Durham Report. But now Democrats are on the brink of ‘Berning” every bridge between them and the real world!
2018 was a Blue Wave, but 2020 is shaping into a bigger Red Wave. This is it, my friends. This is the one we’ve been waiting for—the Big Kahuna. Grab your surfboard. Ride the wave while Democrat candidates drown beneath you. Oh, and remember to practice your evil laugh.
I certainly will.
Just don’t get complacent, okay? Work hard, play like you’re losing, and win every voter you can. There’s too much at stake. Roar with confidence, but don't stumble with overconfidence, for you can't ride a wave from your couch. Get in action! Donate, win a friend (or three), volunteer, unite, enjoy the success with campaigns you've helped...ride that wave!
And meanwhile, practice your evil laugh discreetly—at home alone, in a dark room, with a mirror and one small light casting an eerie glow on your face.
I certainly will.
But I’ll say it once more, without hesitation: If we can’t win this year, then we can’t win…ever.
It seems there’s no stopping The Coming Red Wave.